Monday, October 5, 2009

Email is down

I am so frustrated trying to send the below email to my group but it won't go through. I have a call into the "help" line but have had no results since 10 this morning. I am not sure how many readers my blog has; but I thought this would be another way to get my information out today and hopefully tomorrow my email will be up and running.

Good Monday. I am going to try very hard to send an email each Monday to remind you of some the happenings downtown and inform you of new events.

This will be the last week of "Spelling Bee" at the Roxy. The performances will be October 7, 8, 9 & 10 with curtain times 7pm Wed. and Thurs. and 8pm Fri. and Sat. This is a very entertaining musical you will enjoy very much. The Roxy Regional Theatre is Clarksville's oldest professional theatre and continues to be one of Tennessee's top tourist destination by presenting a wide and eclectic choice of entertainment. If you can't make to this presentation please go to www.roxyregionaltheatre.org for a list of upcoming events.

Rita Arancibia will be at "ingredients" Thursday, Oct. 8 at 11:00 to serve Squash/Pumpkin Soup and HUMMUS made from olives (she bought from us) and fresh chickpeas. Please stop in for a taste treat and to meet Rita.

The Downtown Market is open Saturday, 8-1. The season for the market is winding down (I believe Oct. 24 is their last day). Please stop by in support of local vendors. We want them all to return next year.

Thank all of you who attended the First Thursday Art Walk, Oct. 1. We had a wonderful turnout as did the other business's I talked to. If you haven't attended an art walk yet, you are missing out on a family fun time. You can eat at one of the downtown restaurants before or after you examine (and purchase if you desire) local art work. Of course the downtown stores are opened for your shopping pleasure!

Thanks for "listening".

Monica

P.S. Linda J. Hawkins, author of "Alexander and the Great Food Fight", "Alexander and the Great Vegetable Feud" and "Catering to Children" will be at "ingredients" October 23, 2-5 for a book signing and to demonstrate how to make "hat" cookies. Please mark your calendar. I will be sending more information soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment